I read the guidelines for preventing getting Corona Virus (COVID19) – from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
They are pretty similar. Basically – stay clean. Keep away from unwell people.
Pretty logical. But I think they must be supplemented. Their guidelines are passive ways to prevent getting the virus. In a case of such an outbreak – one must be proactive to avoid getting the virus.
In the prevention of ailments – there are three aspects – the spiritual aspect, the mental/emotional aspect and the physical aspect. Regarding some of the Spiritual Methods to avoid getting the Virus – we spoke about them in the previous post. Now let’s look at physical Methods for prevention.
G-d gave us a Commandment of the Torah – to remain healthy. “You shall guard very much your soul.”
Concurrently with the spiritual preventive measures, Firstly a person should:
1. Have a Positive Attitude.
Believing in Hash-m / G-d – enables you to have a more positive attitude. G-d does everything for the good.
My friend once said If you put your trust in the stock market – if your stock goes up you are happy – if your stock goes down you are sad. But if you believe in G-d everything that happens, you will think it is for the good. Even if your stock goes down – you will find a good reason for why it is good. G-d is Good – so whatever happens must be good. Instead of basing your life’s happiness on your perspective of the situation – which is not in your hands – you base your happiness on the belief that G-d is good – which does not change. You can be happy all the time.
Fear Kills – How to Let Go
Part of having a positive attitude means letting go of fear. There are visualization techniques that allow a person to relieve himself / herself of fear.
The Danger of Fear
The great Rabbi and Physician – Maimonides (the RAMBAM) – was the chief Physician of the Sultan in Egypt. His advisors said – why take a Jewish Doctor – there are plenty of good Arab Doctors. They convinced the Sultan to conduct a test to see who was a better Doctor.
The test was that each Physician was to prepare a poison for his fellow Doctor to drink. First the Arab Doctor prepared a deadly poison for the RaMbaM. He drank it. He fainted. His students quickly administered a remedy and the Rambam survived.
Then it was the turn of the other doctor to drink the poison of the Rambam. He drank the poison – he fainted and he died. They asked the Rambam what he put in his poison. He replied “I put no poison in the concoction. The Doctor did not die of the concoction – he died from fear.”
There is nothing to Fear but G-d Himself.
Believe it will be good and it will be good.
Once a Manic-Depressant came to King Solomon / Shlomo HaMelech to ask him for advice – he said he was at times very Joyous. Other times he was sad. “Please make me a ring that will make me calm when I am too joyous and give me a boost when I am sad. Shlomo HaMelech engraved on a ring “This Will Also Pass.”
We traveled the path of life. We had good times and more difficult ones. But we were able to weather the storm. We were able to ride the wave. This is no different.
2. Boost Up Your Immune System
In the Talmud – Baba Metzia 107b – it talks of the importance of Eating Bread in the Morning / Pat Shaharit.
The Gemara cites a related baraita: The Sages taught that thirteen matters of praise were stated with regard to a meal of bread eaten in the morning: It protects the diner from the heat, and from the cold, and from the winds, and from the harmful spirits; and it makes the simple wise, and one who consumes it will be victorious in judgment, he will merit to learn Torah and to teach it, and his statements are heard, and his study will remain in his possession. In addition, his flesh does not generate excess sweat, and he engages in intercourse with his wife at the proper time, and he does not lust for another woman, and this meal is so advantageous that it even kills any louse in his intestines. And some say it even removes jealousy and brings in love. Since he is completely healthy, he is not inclined to be angered by others.
In relation to the above baraita, Rabba said to Rava bar Mari: From where is this matter that people say derived: Sixty runners ran but could not catch the man who ate in the morning, and the Sages likewise said: Arise early and eat, in the summer due to the sun and in the winter due to the cold, so that one’s body should have the strength to withstand the climate.
The best bread to eat is whole grain bread. One should eat at least 56 grams (A Beitza) within a 4 to 7 Minutes. Make sure the bread is bread. Meaning bread that contains no sweeteners – like sugar or honey.
Eating dates in the morning also strengthens the body. I think 3 or 4 dates daily will be helpful.
Doctors recommend eating much vitamin C to boost the immune system. Nowadays the NYC Hospitals are giving doses of 1500 mg. daily to corona patients – learning it’s potency from chinese doctors.
Obviously – like with the use of vitamins – the beneficial effects of eating Bread in the Morning comes after regular usage.
3. Avoid foods and things that may bring the ailments back.
In Talmud Berachot 57b – it talks about things that are beneficial for the health of a person.
In contrast, there are ten matters that cause a sick person who has recovered to suffer a relapse of his illness, and his illness is even more severe, and they are: Eating ox meat, eating fatty meat in general, eating roasted meat, eating poultry, eating a roasted egg, shaving, eating cress, drinking milk, eating cheese, and bathing in a bathhouse. And some say eating nuts, and some say even eating cucumbers.
Apparently most of these foods are protein rich. A virus is not alive. Viruses are not alive. They are protein strands that attach themselves to cells. They are multiplied by cells and they instruct the cells to do harm to the body. (see note below)
4. Do things and Eat Foods that make a body healthy.
In Talmud Berachot 57b – it talks about things that are beneficial for the health of a person.
Similarly: Six matters cure a sick person from his illness, and their cure is an effective cure. They are: Cabbage, beets, dried foley, a medicinal plant, the stomach, the placenta, and the diaphragm of an animal. Some say that small fish also possess these qualities. Furthermore, small fish cause one’s entire body to flourish and become healthy.
Drinking lot’s of tea is also helpful. Sleep is also an important factor in assuring the body is healthy. Now-a-days people glued to the news lose. It’s better to get a good night’s sleep than to know what’s happening in the world. The RamBaM / Maimonides recommends 8 hours of sleep a night.
5. Put Into Place Tests & Remedies
A person may want to hold their breath for 10 seconds to see if they are affected by the COVID19.
A Dr. From China said that drinking water boiled with Lemon slices (3) helps clear the the throat of the corona virus. Others say that Drinking Hot tea also kills the virus. Apparently the virus can survive until 126 degrees Fahrenheit.
A Doctor from John Hopkins University said that listerine might help in reducing the virus in the throat.
A person should avoid Advil – they found that Advil increases the virus infection.
A person should avoid 5G phones and their radiation. Some say that when the 5G towers increased – people became more susceptible to this virus.
Pray to Hash-m. Make your hishtadloot – effor to stay safe. Stay healthy. And Hash-m will help. Amen.
WHO Guidelines for Prevention:
You can protect yourself and help prevent spreading the virus to others if you:
• Wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub
• Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze
• Avoid close contact (1 meter or 3 feet) with people who are unwell
• Stay home and self-isolate from others in the household if you feel unwell
• Touch your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean
The following is from an Asst. Prof in infectious diseases at Johns Hopkins University:
In our community chat, here, they sent this excellent summary to avoid contagion 👾. I share it with you because it is very clear:
* The virus is not a living organism, but a protein molecule (DNA) covered by a protective layer of lipid (fat), which, when absorbed by the cells of the ocular, nasal or buccal mucosa, changes their genetic code. (mutation) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.
* Since the virus is not a living organism but a protein molecule, it is not killed, but decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material where it lies.
* The virus is very fragile; the only thing that protects it is a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best remedy, because the foam CUTS the FAT (that is why you have to rub so much: for 20 seconds or more, to make a lot of foam). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.
* HEAT melts fat; this is why it is so good to use water above 25 degrees Celsius for washing hands, clothes and everything. In addition, hot water makes more foam and that makes it even more useful.
* Alcohol or any mixture with alcohol over 65% DISSOLVES ANY FAT, especially the external lipid layer of the virus.
* Any mix with 1 part bleach and 5 parts water directly dissolves the protein, breaks it down from the inside.
* Oxygenated water helps long after soap, alcohol and chlorine, because peroxide dissolves the virus protein, but you have to use it pure and it hurts your skin.
* NO BACTERICIDE SERVES. The virus is not a living organism like bacteria; they cannot kill what is not alive with anthobiotics, but quickly disintegrate its structure with everything said.
* NEVER shake used or unused clothing, sheets or cloth. While it is glued to a porous surface, it is very inert and disintegrates only between 3 hours (fabric and porous), 4 hours (copper, because it is naturally antiseptic; and wood, be
cause it removes all the moisture and does not let it peel off and disintegrates). ), 24 hours (cardboard), 42 hours (metal) and 72 hours (plastic). But if you shake it or use a feather duster, the virus molecules float in the air for up to 3 hours, and can lodge in your nose.
* The virus molecules remain very stable in external cold, or artificial as air conditioners in houses and cars. They also need moisture to stay stable, and especially darkness. Therefore, dehumidified, dry, warm and bright environments will degrade it faster.
* UV LIGHT on any object that may contain it breaks down the virus protein. For example, to disinfect and reuse a mask is perfect. Be careful, it also breaks down collagen (which is protein) in the skin, eventually causing wrinkles and skin cancer.
* The virus CANNOT go through healthy skin.
* Vinegar is NOT useful because it does not break down the protective layer of fat.
* NO SPIRITS, NOR VODKA, serve. The strongest vodka is 40% alcohol, and you need 65%.
* LISTERINE IF IT SERVES! It is 65% alcohol.
* The more confined the space, the more concentration of the virus there can be. The more open or naturally ventilated, the less.
* This is super said, but you have to wash your hands before and after touching mucosa, food, locks, knobs, switches, remote control, cell phone, watches, computers, desks, TV, etc. And when using the bathroom.
* You have to HUMIDIFY HANDS that are DRY from so much washing them, because the molecules can hide in the micro cracks. The thicker the moisturizer, the better. * Also keep your NAILS SHORT so that the virus does not hide there.
From Michele Assaf